GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:06:37 +0200
Friends,
Then the rumours here in Denmark was right. Remember that I wrote a comment
on this 20.th january this year.
When I returned from The Gambia to Denmark last year november one of my
friends told me about the plans and how EU maybe would give countries in
that zone priority to EU-markets. I have no further comment, because I´m not
familiar with the budget of The Gambia, and how social welfare, trade,
foreign debts are like.

Denmark has decided to stand outside the Euro, but our DKr. is close
connected to the currency. The danes fear that EU through it´s
finance-policies to keep the Euro up will dictate us what to do f.in. on
social politics (our welfare, employment etc) if we join the Euro, because
the different countries have to handle its policy in a way that it will not
threat the Euro. It is one for all and all for one- so to say. And if one
country fails in it´s policies it can drag the others into crises. But it is
also expected that the others are backing up, if one of the members face
problems. Right now I understand that Germany face problems and got to
handle the interior problems with care to keep the rules and regulations for
the Euro.

Regards from Asbjørn Nordam