GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Yusupha C. Jow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:04:35 EDT
Hi Bakaray & Habib:
As I promised at the end of last week, a final submission/opinion on this
topic would be submitted.

Essentially, what this exchange has shown is that we can endlessly exchange
opinions and debate about without coming up with solutions.  Fact is there is
an infinite amount of points & counterpoints which can be made by any
passionate observers of this conflict.

However, one thing is for sure; fingers can be pointed at both camps for the
particularly brutal tactics they have used on one another.  The Palestinian
fringe terrorist groups, including Arafat, have not helped the innocent
players within their communities, while the Israeli State, the 900 pound
gorilla created by America, have also taken brutality to extreme on the
Palestinians.  What is important now for both parties is to end the blame and
counter-blame.  Who did what 1000 years ago or in the same breadth, 1 year
ago does not matter.  The operative words for these two peoples is peace,
understanding & love.  Both parties should make a serious commitment to end
this senseless violence and come together for a lasting peace agreement.  The
USA also as the third party power broker should really try harder to ease
this conflict.  The same applies to the UN.

I thank both of you for your opinions on this topic, which have been
extremely fruitful & informative for me.

_yus

Fire pon Mr. Babylon.  Dem using us to kill one another,
<<Morgan Heritage>>