GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:43:19 -0500
UNDERSTANDING THE LAME GAME-LANG CONTEH AND CO,IT WAS COSMETIC

OPTV said so just some days back,that is, Yahya is the one who steals with
these people and then decides who should be really embarassed and who
should be used to baffle the IMF and the world bank.
Now immediately after Lang Conteh and team where fined,what happened? The
D68 Million  was paid in very easily.OPTV's binoculars are still focussed
because we knew that the warambas and team would come back to snatch the
hidden booty at night.
They are back!!! Look through the latest press release and think. Gambians
Yahya should never be trusted because for him trust is subjective and not
objective.He sees trust as how much he can achieve and then use that
achievement to buy people. That kind of trust if blown into a balloon makes
it burst! It is only! hot air and nothing more.
 Here we go again.Yahya and Famara have decided that henceforth anyone who
wants to be officially licenced to operate a cambio wechsel etc should pay
D1,000,000 dalasis.
What?!!! these fees are jumping from D300,000 or...? Ok now lets do our
simple and primary mathematics here and see. A difference of D700,000 all
of a sudden?!!!!!!! Let us expect the following.The rising fees are meant
to seal the hole from where Lang and team's fine was paid? Yahya will never
lose.His money will come back! We don't know how as at now but Yahya will
not let go the dollar notes!
Remember what OPTV asked earlier on...? How can Lang and team steal,spend
from the saved money for years,turn around and then be able to pay the same
amount within a day or two? We are talking about millions not thousands! In
all this Buba Senghore,Buba Baldeh,Suma and Baba Jobe plus Kanteh could not
pay?! Yes they cannot because their money was used to maintain a party a
plane and a globe-trotting last lady. The others were asked to withdraw
from the foreign accounts and then leave the interest, there plus the left
overs, pending what they will get back from the expensive licences,right?!
Gambia!!! Cry Blood!!!
OPTV wants Gambians to ask themselves these questions.
Who is the central bank's governor general now?
Why is he yet to face Baba Jobe in court?
Let us look at the exchange rate here and see?
Lang and team when they were stealing,took dollars right? From then to now
some of the money has been left in fix deposit accounts in Geneva,Miami or
Washington,right?
Now think please! Ofocurse it will only take them a few dollars to change
and get D68 million dalasis from a depreciating dalasi!!! How are the funds
being earned from the treasury bills used,nowadays?
The team and chief thief Yahya cannot lose while the decadence is still
on,no way!

Thanks to foroyaa we saw these facts,Well once upon a time I have been told
to cry a river because I pointed out the bias reporting from a journal back
home.I did not realise that I was writing about a personalised paper?! I
was amazed because papers should be seen as institutions and not
wallets.One person cannot manage,create or decode information without a
cross pollination of ideas from different critics.
The ethics of journalism should welcome harsh,mild or supportive analsyses
if only we live in another Guinea Sekou Toure era.
We remember Sekou Toure's voices on Radio Conakry.These people were trained
specifically to insult President Senghore.They did that to the
extreme.Actually dictators do always have over zealous journalists and town
criers who stand to defend them even if they were to be served a plate that
has human flesh from the jail.
OPTV is not here to be intimidated infact these low blows will anger us
more and we will go all out to say things that will cause an uprising from
Bakau Newtown to Banjul within minutes.More hard and documented facts which
are from other gvts and international bodies, are yet to be out and those
will make Yahya and his crows cry oceans of blood and fuss. He will see for
himself.
If people for the sake of Yahya can tell their own brothers to cry a
river,then why should we waist time in making those very people cry oceans
of blood and fuss!!!
Go ahead please because OPTV is far from what you used to see.
The worst journal nowadays is the daily observer.Hate,anger and rhetoric
cannot stop people from calling a spade a spade.So if their management
thinks that sending chilling and cold emails to people means much let them
go ahead.I decided to bring this in the open because someone told me that
doing so will make them happy.You know why? So that Yahya will see them as
his shield against OPTV!!!
My reaction is delibebrate because I would highly appreciate starting an
open war with the daily observer while they are defending Yahya.This will
be the way out for Gambians back home to see the otherside of the
story,because I will then start sending my rejoinders to other papers back
home plus observer itself! The other papers would certainly have the right
to print my version too! .So observer's boss welcome in the open.There is
no need to send me cold insults in private ok?
I tend to beleive that observer is yet to know who Binneh really is when it
comes to exposing Yahya.I knew Yahya  all the way back to 1985 when he was
a growing clown.So if you start a war with me and the whole of OPTV in the
open,you will see what Yahya himself will say at that time.Welcome on board
Sir, you know who you are!

Do what foroyaa and others are doing.They report the facts.We would have
expected to see a press release from a big institution like the central
bank within seconds on your paper.No we will not because you are a mouth
piece and the press release was not presentable as far Yahya's political
interest is concerned. What should one expect from a paper that was until
few months ago headed by APRC' former campaigner,Buba Michael
Baldeh?!!!!!!!!!!!! Where on earth again will we hear or see a paper that
claims to be an independent journal  headed by a campaign manager of the
ruling party?
Only a country where the president's driver is accused of stealing a former
president's generator because he was not paid salary for 6 months plus.
That is The Gambia today!!!!!!!!!!

Binneh S Minteh
New York University.