GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"MORRO K. CEESAY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:26:00 -0800
I am a bit out of touch, but am I to understand that Mr. Sallah is NADD's
choice of a presidential candidate for the 2006 election?  How was Mr.
Sallah chosen over all the other potential candidates?  Was he chosen by the
NADD "leadership" or was he chosen by delegates from all parts of the
country?  In other words, was the choice of Sallah imposed from the top down
instead of the bottom up as it should be.

NADD seems to be fragmenting and I am wondering why.  When things get too
complicated as they seem to be at the moment, perhaps one ought to pause to
get one's bearings.  The best way I know that this may accomplished is to
ask the basic question at the heart of every democratic process:  "Is this
the will of the people?"  Can anyone say that the choice of Sallah is the
will of the people?  I am not being disparaging to Mr. Sallah; he is a fine
man, but I wonder how NADD arrived at him to the exclusion of the others.
Can anyone help with that question?  I apologize, if this question has
already been dealt with.

Regards,
Morro

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい