GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:07:18 +0000
Folks,

Langfafa Dampha, a Gambian friend of mine in Paris, has also published his
first novel titled "African Aliens" and it makes good reading. I haven't
read the book myself, but I have read the manuscript two years ago, while in
Paris, and yes, it is a good read.

Langfafa Dampha is finishing his PhD in History at the University of
Sorbonne (Paris 4)

This is the webpage of his book: www.trafford.com/4dcgi/robots/05-1300.html

Langfafa's novel is described by the Publishers as follows: "A thrilling and
hilarious narrative of the realities and facts about immigrant-life in
France, encompassing racism, hypocrisy, jealousy, greed, illusion,
misconception, misbehaviour and self-destruction."

Bamba Laye,

If you are not in hurry, I'll send you a signed complimentary copy once I
have received more copies from the Publishers, say, in three weeks time.
Drop me your postal address privately.The price of the book will remain the
same for every reader.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words of encouragement.

After the Presidential Election, I'll write a postscript for the book, in
order to take the Gambian discussion/debate (from where it stopped/ended in
the book) to where we are today. That should also make an interesting
reading.

Edi Jah,

You and Njok Malick also deserve to be commended for the good social
programmes that you do organise for the Senegambian communities in the UK.
One day, I would be sending (to Gambia-L and Gambia-Post) a more fitting
write-up. You and Njok Malick should keep up the good work.

Regards,
Ebrima

PS (Edi): What is going on with our team? I am of the view that Arsene
Wenger should play William Gallas as a central defender to partner Kolo
Toure. Djourou or Hoyte should play as a left back, in my view. I rate
William Gallas as one of the best central defenders in the world.

By the way, I have just read on BBC teletext that Thierry Henry will miss
Wednesday's Champions League game in Hamburg, because of a foot injury, but
Baptisa looks like a very good player.

Hopefully, his loan deal would be made permanent.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい