GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pa Morro Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:28:16 +0000
Muhammad:

Thanks for saving me some time to respond to the garbage that the UDP jola
wulu’kee has posted here. Kujabi’s type does not merit respect. He and some
of his UDP maniacs launched a relentless attack on the person of Halifa
since Darboe walked out of NADD. At first no one responded to them, next
some people tried to reason with them to stop the attacks, all this in vain.
Each time you think they’re in hibernation, they rear their ugly heads.

Instead of moving on and taking up their fight with Jammeh, they turned
around to cast aspersions at Halifa and the other NADD executive members. A
perfect case of misplaced priorities, if you ask me.

I will ask Kujabi a few questions and I only hope that he will have the
decency to answer them, truthfully:

1. Had Darboe been elected the NADD (NAAD to use your foolish acronym)
flag-bearer would the UDP have questioned the registration of NADD with the
IEC?
2. Would you still have referred to the MOU ‘just as paper’?
3. Would your party have walked out of the coalition?
4. Would you have been attacking Halifa had he been the first person to
endorse Darboe as presidential candidate or had he left NADD to join the
UDP?
5. Should the UDP contest the presidential elections after it boycotted the
last parliamentary elections based on the reason that the electoral system
in place cannot guarantee free and fair elections? Remember, the
Constitution is still the same.  Actually, it has only gotten worse under
the knife of the inept APRC parliament.
6. Regarding Waa, would you have castigated him as a drunk if he had still
been with the UDP, running behind Darboe, and getting arrested and tortured
for challenging the government? Remember he was with your party for many
years, yet you and your people never questioned his morals and integrity, at
least in public.
7. Why has the UDP not addressed your attacks against Halifa when, according
to your lies, it once held a Central Committee meeting to ask Waa to stop
attacking Halifa? Don’t you see the double standards, if only your version
of events is true?

Kujabi, respect is earned. You initiated this exchange out of the blues, for
a reason best known to you. Some of us got fed up with your bulldog behavior
and decided to respond to your antics. Now you turn around and label us as
‘attack dogs’ and being rude. You now accuse me of belonging to a gay club.
Maybe, you should talk to your ex-wife, the one who ran away from you and
she’ll tell you a thing or two about our gay club.

You question Halifa’s performance in parliament. Are you for real? Where
have you been when Halifa challenged these obnoxious laws or some government
actions and policies? Where were you when he voted against such bills? Doloo
bula, kee!!

You said power belongs to the people. Is that right? Apparently, you’ve just
come to learn this fact. You also said that power is ‘irrevolvable”,
whatever that nonsense means.  That’s common knowledge for all genuine
democrats, Kujabi. Inducement, tribalism and ethno-centrism do not hold sway
in this modern world.

Just look at the words you’ve used in your gibberish article to describe
Halifa: “jack of all trade”, “chief clerk”, “prominent lawyer”, “arrogant”,
and “selfish”.  Then you tried to be slick by saying that you do not hate
him. Do you know who is arrogant? Your “toppest lawyer”, Darboe.  He
believes he has a divine calling passed on to him by his grandfather to rule
The Gambia.  It is on record.  I urge you to listen to some of the
statements your leader made about NADD prior to his exit.

Your leader believes, even after failing twice to unseat Jammeh with the
help of the NCP leftovers such as Jasseh Conteh and some disgruntled PPP
militants, he is still the only person who can rule The Gambia. Here we go
again with a revival of the age-old mansa mentality, only this time it is
sprinkled with a dose of Julayaa.  That’s arrogance at its peak! You accuse
Halifa of being selfish. Wait a minute! Egoism and selfishness is when a
person abandons his flock to the mercy of wolves in order to save his life!
It is when a person refuses to pass the cup around and holds it in his hand.
Gorgui, aduna potti ndaal la!

Kujabi, the nominations have already taken place. Time is running out. You
have your hands full. As we speak, Kafuta and its environs are in a state of
fear from the onslaught of the MFDC rebels across the border.  Your
relatives are poring across the borders. As we speak, Yaya is intimidating
and inducing people to vote for his decadent regime.  While we are at it,
Darboe is already contemplating his next escape route. This time it may be
the Mauritanian Embassy! Time is running out, Kujabi! Concentrate your
virulent attacks on your brother Jammeh and his rabid NIA. Halifa is the
least of your priorities. You claim that you have the numbers; then play by
them. It’s because of your numbers that Darboe was elected twice as
president.  Or was he?  It’s because of your numbers that the UDP has a
majority in parliament. Irony of ironies! Just don’t forget the Kafuta/Kombo
East debacle that you have thumped your little chest about so frequently.
History is a lesson. By the time the sun sets on 22nd September, you and I
will have another chat.

By the way, are you able to pay your rent now because I know in the 1114
Fteley avenue days that was not one thing you like to do, hence the reason
you moved to Alagie Njie's apartment.

Pa Morro Jallow