GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kabir Njaay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:29:48 +0200
Hi Suntou,

Hope the London summer is as good as what we are experiencing in Scandinavia
at the moment. It's simply been too good during the past week or so.

On Zimbabwe, or rather, Mugabe as the West would like to make us believe is
the issue, you are spot on. It's all hypocrisy and double standards. Period!

Since when did the West become so concerned about democracy and human rights
in Africa?

Look at Blair, for example, after screwing up the mandate given to him by
British voters by consistently sucking up to Bush and his war mongering, he
now wants to be remembered for championing the cause of Africa but apart
from sending troops to Sierra Leone, what exactly has he done for Africa?
It's time for Africa to grow up and accept the fact that
hyenas will share meat other than with their own.

He personally bears much of the responsibility for what is taking place in
Zimbabwe by not honouring the agreement the Thatcher government had with
ZANU-PF on Land Reform; a Labour government more reactionary than it's
conservative predecessor, pandering to multinational business interests.

Many of those so-called 'farm owners' in Zimbabwe (most of them absentee, by
the way) are none other than business tycoons sitting in the boardrooms of
many big  British banks and businesses. Mugabe and The ZANU-PF understand
though that what is good for the goose cannot be hazardous for the gander.
Sucking African blood for centuries whiles always running around claiming to
be helping Africa?

Did you hear them again at the G8? Same old story. Something has to give;
Africa has suffered for much too long and we can't expect those who have
trampled on us for centuries to suddenly bail us out. It's like waiting for
and expecting a hen to stop laying eggs and instead begin to give
birth. Africa must rid itself of the inferiority complexes and take the
initiative and that is what I see happening with the continent's collective
stand on Zimbabwe.

Regards,

Kabir.

On 6/10/07, Suntou Touray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> KABIR
> on the issue of zimbabwe and mugabe ,i completely side with your versions
> of
> event leading to the branding of mr mugabe a despot.
> the west wants us to see through there looking glass. mugabe is no saint
> ,he
> need to improve on so many things .but since when did he came under this
> intense scrutine ?
> our learned brother baba is within his rights to see mugabe otherwise ,he
> has
> been affected by dictatorship and hardline rule. but i see a vast
> difference
> between our own devil and that of zimbabwe's mugabe. baba , we will never
> forget your personal sacrifice in letting gambians and the wider world
> know
> what things were really like in yahya's gambia.
> i controvercialy support mugabe's legacy even in the middle of redneck
> anglsaxon britain .he is a hero to me.
> brother kabir has made it abundantly clear other elections in africa were
> deemed unfair but nevertheless the west carrry on as usual no big fuse.
> ethopia is a perfect example.infact the u.s are happily in bed with the
> ethopian prime minister.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい