GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:09:23 +0100
haruna ,i was busy but thanks for your generosity.i guess ,i am not the only knucklehead in golf .that guy mislead me .i could have guess tiger woods for many of the questions .but hey i don't gamble .any way i will prepare for future encounters.my salaam Dr masoud Darboe.
  as for the Price ,my charity will be my humble self .laugh sir.
  i will take this opportunity to explain a hadith relating to the month of Ramadan.

  it was narrated that a man came to the noble prophet (pbuh) with a sad face . the man did his salaam and said '' i am destroyed oh prophet of Allah '' .the prophet reply ''why talk like that ?'' the man went on to state that ''he heard an intercourse with his wife during  the month of fasting ''.of course that is against the tenet of fasting .we need to avoid close encounters with our spouse during the day ,avoid exposing our 'hauras' private body areas even to our wife's or husbands.
  the prophet ask the man'' can you fast two consecutive months without any break ''? the man replied ''no !'' .then the prophet ask again ''can you free a slave ?'' the man replied ''no'' .the prophet further ask the man ''can you feed sixty hungry people '' ? he again replied ''no''.
  now this man is in a big trouble .fasting is the Fourth pillar of Islam .this is no joke .deliberately abstaining from fasting is a major sin .the mountainous rewards in the month of Ramadan is unequal to any other month.getting the blessing of the night of power alone is equal to one thousand months or eighty three years of only good deeds of ones life.men ! this is a powerful month.
  yet ,this man break his fast by cohabitation .what was wrong with him ? why couldn't he wait for night fall ?
  then the noble prophet was now thinking what to do with man who cannot do any thing to absolve his major sin .then the narrator continues ,''a man came to see the prophet with a basket full of dates ''.now dates are significant symbol for us during the month of Ramadan.it is highly recommended for us to break our fast with dates .this increase the baraka of our fast but it is not a prerequisite for breaking the fast if one cannot afford dates .

  the noble prophet then ,told this man ''take this dates and give it as charity to a needed  person ''. this man again said '' oh yarasulah ,who is more needy than me and my family ?'' .the narrator added that the prophet of Islam laugh so loud his molar teeth became visible .he told the man ''then take the dates to your family ''.

  i may have made some errors in the narration of the hadith ,any one who believe i have done so can rectify me .i was trying to transmit the moral of the story .
  as the jahankas would say '' lets make it a kahour sadah'' .who knows what a kahour sadah is ? this is a form of giving out charity to close family members so that the benefit stays at home .laugh .i don't intend to offend any jahanka person .
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Q1. Who won the Fedex cup? Prize: $100.00

A1. the winner of the fedax cup is Lorena Ochoa .the answer supplied to me
by
kayatta .i did a lot of telephone enquiries from the bbc and others but he
gave me the appropriate answer i believe .

Correct Answer: Tiger WOODS won the Fedex cup. The Fedex cup is a PGA
playoff series. Lorena Ochoa plays in the LPGA. Your winning here is $0.00

Q2. What was her score?(under/over par) Prize: $100.00

A2. her score was 66 (11 under 133)

Correct Answer: Tiger WOODs is male. His score to win the Fedex cup was 23
under-par (-23). Your winning here is $0.00

Q3. Who won the Tour Championship? Prize: $100.00

A3. No answer forwarded.

Correct Answer: The Fedex cup is a playoff series of 4 tournaments; The BMW
Championship, The Deutche Bank Open, The PGA Championship, and culminating in
The Tour Championship at East Lake in Atlanta. The Fedex cup winner is the
winner of cumulative points from these 4 tournaments which happened to be Tiger
Woods. By winning the Tour Championship with his -23, Tiger Woods therefore
is the winner of The Tour Championship. So he won two cups last Sunday. And
you thought he was winning everything already.
Your Winning here is $0.00

Q4. What is the Solheim cup? Prize: $100.00

A4. the soheim cup is founded by the sohiem manufacturing cooperation. it
is a
women trans-atlantic golf event competed by women in the lpga .professional
golf playing ladies from all over the place including europe play for the
top
prise .it was founded in 1990 .i believe karsten and louise sohiem are
intrumental figures in the founding.

Correct Answer: The Solheim cup was founded by the Solheim Family of Sweden
to maintain European culture and comraderie. It is a tournament between a team
from America's Women's golf tour (LPGA) and the European counterpart. Your
winning here 5 out of a possible 20 points or 25% of $100.00 or $25.00

Q5. Who won the Solheim cup? Prize: $100.00

A5. the U.S.A own the last cup in Pressel .

Correct Answer: The Ladies of the American team won the Solheim Cup. Pressel
is one of the players of the LPGA in America. Your winning here again is
$25.00

You are awarded an extra $50.00 for effort Suntou, bringing your total
winnings to $100.00
Please inform me how to distribute your winnings among the following
eligible recipients:

Your or your Ellen assistant's Favourite person in Gambia.
PDOIS' Nyakoi schools programs.
UDP/NRP Women's empowerment project.
Ellen's Host organisation.

I thank you for participating and I look forward to more opportunity in
other areas of Life and to win prizes for your favourite charities.

Haroun Masoud. MQDT. Darbo.