GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:02:10 -0400
NIA Report Says Senegal was seeking foreign aid to Destabilize Gambia-Serg
PMJ exposes!
By Serg PMJ

Dear Editors,

I was busy all these weeks with official duties but now back for a while. I
am glad to read from your site that my small boy- the former Banjul Bureau
Chief now Editor-In-Chief has safely landed in the United States. God be
with you all. The bad intension Yahya Jammeh have for you will never
materialised. I want to talk about the whole issue of my small boy but maybe
in my subsequent write-up. Today I would want to touch on the Gambia and
Senegal relations.

The relationship between these two sisterly neighbouring countries is sour
and deteriorating and it's been aggravated by our government's endless
accusations published by the pro-government Daily Observer newspaper.
Anybody who happens to have read the previous Daily Observer articles
especially the recent one titled "Senegal continues to destabilise Gambia"
will know that the article is purely an extract of an intelligent report.
It is the first six (6) page report filed in by our personnel in
Senegalabout the relations between the two countries. The intelligent
report
outlined certain unsubstantiated activities being carried out by the
Senegalese government and security officials.

Sometime ago, I wrote that the Agency deployed at least sixty (60)
intelligent personnel commanded by a dozen senior officials. These personnel
are there to monitor the activities of the Gambian dissidents but shortly
after their arrival in Senegal, their Terms of Reference (ToR) was changed.
The whole content cannot be discussed here online because of security
reasons but I would like to make one thing clear- THE GAMBIA/SENEGAL
RELATIONS IS AT A CROSS-ROAD.

Nonetheless, I would just discuss a bit about the report. The content mainly
focused on activities of Gambian dissidents and their relationship with the
Senegalese authorities. It stated that Senegal was recruiting and seeking
foreign aid for the Gambian dissidents to launch provocative attacks on
Gambia, thereby overthrow the regime of President Yahya Jammeh. The report
also stated that the clandestine plot may include attacks on Gambia's
infrastructure and economic developments. Although the report did not
indicate spotting any so-called Gambian dissident having meetings with the
Senegalese authorities, it vividly pointed out that the clandestine
activities are at an advance stage.

However, these claims were vehemently denied by the Senegalese security
officials. In a recent conversation with a senior colleague with "Dique"-
Senegalese Intelligence Agency, the Senegalese government are aware of the
presence of Gambian intelligent agents and their activities. "We know they
are in Senegal and we know why they are there but they will report nothing
to you but lies." The "Dique" official said with the Gambia government's
activities in the southern Senegalese region of Cassamance, his government
has all rights to invade Gambia to protect its territorial integrity. "But
no, we are all against that. It is not in our interest and not in the
interest of Gambians. The so-called dissidents they say we are recruiting
are legally residing in Senegal. Your president wants my government to hand
them over but we cannot do that. It is against the international principles
that our government signed. My government cannot just and will never do
that."

The "Dique" official said his government is just considering the
relationship between the two countries but since coming to power in 1994,
President Jammeh has done many things that warrant the Senegalese government
to invade the Gambia.

Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 (Archive on Friday, June 29, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Homepage/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい