GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:42:16 EDT
Irish Luck - Remember to send it back!,
I want this back. It DOES  work.

His name was Fleming, and he was a poor Scottish  farmer. One day, while
trying to make a living for his family, he heard a  cry for help coming
from a nearby bog. He dropped his tools and ran to the  bog.
There, mired to his waist in black muck, was a terrified boy,  screaming
and struggling to free himself. Farmer Fleming saved the lad from  what
could have been a slow and terrifying death.

The  next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman's sparse
surroundings  An elegantly dressed nobleman stepped out and introduced
himself as the  father of the boy Farmer Fleming had saved.
'I want to repay you,' said  the nobleman. 'You saved my son's life.'

No, I can't accept  payment for what I did,' the Scottish
farmer replied waving off the offer.  At that moment, the farmer's own son
came to the door of the family  hovel.

'Is that your son?' the nobleman asked.

'Yes,'  the farmer replied proudly.

'I'll make you a deal. Let me  provide him with the level of education my
own son will enjoy. If the lad is  anything like his father, he'll no doubt
grow to be a man we both will be  proud of.' And that he did.

Farmer Fleming's son attended the  very best schools and in time, graduated
from St. Mary's Hospital Medical  School in London, and went on to become
known throughout the world as the  noted Sir Alexander Fleming, the
discoverer of  Penicillin.

Years afterward, the same nobleman's son who was  saved from the bog was
stricken with pneumonia.
What saved his life  this time?

Penicillin.

The name of the nobleman? Lord Randolph Churchill.  His son's name?

Sir Winston  Churchill.

Someone once said: What goes around comes  around.

Work like you don't need the money.
Love like  you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing  like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on  Earth.

It's National Friendship Week. Send this  to everyone you consider A FRIEND.

Pass this on, and  brighten someone's day.

AN IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH: You had better  send this back!! Good Luck!
I hope it works...

May  there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a  coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow  be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near  you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

OK, this is what you have to do... Send this to all of your  friends.

But - you HAVE to send this within 1 hour from when you  open it!

Now.....Make A wish!! I hope you made your  wish!

Now then, if you send to:
1 person --- your wish  will be granted in 1 year

3 people --- 6 months

5  people --- 3 months

6 people --- 1 month

7  people --- 2 weeks

8 people --- 1 week

9 people --- 5 days

10 people --- 3 days

12 people --- 2 days

15 people ---  1 day

20 people --- 3 hours

If you delete this after you read it, you will have 1 year of bad  luck!

But, if you send it to 2 of your friends, you will  automatically have 3
years good luck

Home.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい