GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Jatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:10:46 -0700
Good to hear from you mighty Editor Pa Nderry, the most "fearless editor" of our time.How dare you call me a boy. I am a man. Like my friend Coach would put it, I might have to come to Raleigh to give you a good beating for your persistent bad behavior. By the way do you see Gheran lurking in the darkness in your nightmares? let me know whether I can intercede on your behalf.
 I don't think I need to visit Haruna for counseling. I was thinking you were the subject matter who needed counseling. That's why I told Haruna to be advising you in clear language. I am baffled that you think I need counseling for criticizing you.
 Guy you must listen to what I am advising you as your self-appointed attorney Haruna recommended. I don't have any hidden agenda against you. I am just sicken in the way you do business. It is totally unprofessional, gross and inconsiderate. I used to defend you strongly because i said if Jammeh is using unconventional means to suppress the press then it was prudent that there is somebody to match that evenly. This position changed when I noticed that you are delving in to the personal lives of innocent private individuals just based on mare speculation or some forms of conspiracies. You act like a blazing machine gun,  randomly striking everybody. You  recklessly exposed others to the Jammeh's dogs due to the way you report on issues. like I said, you made people lost their jobs, get tortured and dismissed because, Haruna don't understand, but the way you will be sourcing your stories put people in danger.
I don't want to sent you any mail directly because i have seen that you end up putting such confidential mail as breaking news because for you everything is seemingly breaking news.
I will also advice you to man up by owning up to mistakes you make in your paper by accordingly apologizing to all your victims and running corrigenda any time the need arise.
"I got my own beliefs and shall stick to them no matter what." Pa
 Don't be sticking to believe that are fundamentally wrong. Just like a leech, if you stubbornly  stick to the wrong ideas and refuse to quit you gonna explode like a balloon.
You Reported that Bajinka died and the brother sent a correction that he is in fact alive. Instead of apologizing to the family as the ethics dictate, you shifted the burden of proving that the man is not dead to the family like they are the one who published the story.Where did you get that belief from. That and many other scenarios where you cause injury to innocent people and feel to big to apologize is very ruthless and cruel of you.
Allah say in the Quran, "...Whoever earns a fault a sin and then throws it on to someone innocent, he has indeed burdened himself with falsehood and a manifest sin." Surah An-Nisa, verse 112.
You must change the way you are doing business because it is unprofessional and mark my word is going to put you in trouble sooner or later. God is watching on us. And I hope you do not publish this article on Freedom.

On Haruna, I have decided not to further dissect your response as promised because I have seen a deliberate attempt in your part to distort what I write. I like you though.

Pancmbai Mbai <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Yes, I can vividly remember Omar Sallah. He is a dear colleague and  a
brother.

Boy, sorry for the late response. I read your postings , but was swamped
with other editorial matters. Keep the pen rolling.

  I have been keenly following the debate- especially the postings of   my
long time  lost colleague, Lamin Jatta, boy Karoninka. Ndoklay needs to
visit Haruna for counseling.

Besides, jokes,  I respect Lamin's opinions , including other critics here
at GL. Criticism help us to do a better job. I harbor no grudges against any
Gambian. I got my own beliefs and shall stick to them no matter what.

We are bound to agree and disagree on issues. That's what democracy is all
about.

One thing I missed  about Omar,  is his good sense of humor and  melodious
radio voice. He is a perfect gentleman.  If  my memory serves me right, Omar
Sallah was also doubling as a comedian / an actor of that sort while at the
GRTS.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい