TELEHEALTHNEWS Archives

TelehealthNews Newsletter

TELEHEALTHNEWS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marlene Maheu PhD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TelehealthNews Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:54:18 -0400
Dear Colleague,

Efforts are underway to create a Society for Technology and Psychology division in the American Psychological Association. This new division will serve as a focal point for APA members interested in technology issues in psychology and will help increase the membership of the APA through collaboration with outside health and non-health-related disciplines. Our interests include but are not limited to: telepsychology, online therapy, telemental health and telehealth, social media, virtual reality and mobile applications ("apps"). See our letter of intent for details: http://stp-apa.net/petition.html

Our petition needs to be signed by 1% of all APA Members or Fellows, or we cannot be considered.

If you are a full Member or Fellow of the American Psychological Association, please go to the APA website and sign it electronically using your APA login: http://forms.apa.org/division/petition/technology/

or go to our website: http://www.stp-apa.net to print, then sign the petition (once only) and either fax hard copies to Sarah Jordan at APA Division Services: (202) 218-3599, or mail to Sarah Jordan, APA Division Services, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC. 20002-4242.

You also do not have to be a member of APA to benefit from our efforts. To simply receive news and updates, join us on LinkedIn, the professional networking website. Once logged into LinkedIn, look for the group called "APA Proposed Society for Technology & Psychology" or find us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/APA-Proposed-Society-for-Technology-Psychology/190280607766880

If you are going to the APA Convention this week, you may be interested in:

   * reviewing the many technology-related programs listed on our website: http://stp-apa.net/technology_programs.html
   * attending our catered Sunday morning program, where I will be speaking about the future of telepsychology
   *  attending our Friday evening no-host telehealth, telepsychology and technology cocktail party, which will be at the Hilton Lobby Bar from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Come meet old friends and make new ones: https://s3.amazonaws.com/misc-Maheu/APAcocktail_flyer2012.pdf

Technology is growing, and we hope to bring that growth to the APA!

Your assistance in forwarding this email to all potentially interested parties is sincerely appreciated.
Thank you.

Marlene

Marlene M. Maheu, Ph.D.

    Executive Director