GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Halima Sukuna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:10:29 -0700
Gossip Central at play again huh Suntou?

It's a volunteer organization so at any given point in time, any one can part ways, for any given reason. I don't know what all the alarm is about?

In fact, since the Gambia is in such a dire position, where are the droves of individuals ready to take these individuals place in the organization? That is what I find to be the more alarming...only you don't mention anything about that below. If you know about a problem, if any of us know about a problem as significant as The Gambia's, doesn't it become shared responsibility to do something about it amongst all Gambias and her allies? Cordeg is just a vehicle and it will become what folks want it to become. There is so much talent and knowledge present to make it a success, plus Jammeh makes it even easier since he is about 6 feet from purgatory anyway (and I am being generous here).

Part of the illness is all the finger pointing, the suspicion...just perpetuating that is going to do no one any good. These tasks take no effort. The real deal effort is trying to figure a solution to the problem, getting involved and staying involved. If we are to better ourselves as humans, that is what everyone should be striving for.

I understand joining and resigning, I have done that myself but, eventually people come back because they understand the responsibility in trying to fight this monster.

Thanks,
Chris