GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:13:08 +0000
Haruna,
comming from a small country myself, I know all about the feelings you
have, when you find out that your fantastic country is not well known. It
doesn´t matter if you just keep up your job in a way that your collegues
will respect you.We are many out here who look at the job done in Arusha
with great interest. If we get peace in Kosova there will also be something
to go for, some of the tyrants, maybe not Milosovich himself but the
murderes amongst the military officers, who ordered young soldiers to rape,
kill, turture, burn, destroy. Now we are told that they need time to clear
all evidences, they are dayly burning hundreds of killed male bodies in a
mine, so we can never get evidences against them. I feel so sorry and
helpless, when such things happen, and even the process, as the one in
which you are working, is maybe the only "answer" from the civilized human
society, I feel that it is not much of a "revence" or "comfort" for the
families who are suffering. But if the people all over could stand up
against the tyrants it could be a very little light for a better future for
all of us. And I know that we must try and find a way out, so we can still
come together and also live together.
Keep up the good work and best wishes for the results.
Asbjørn Nordam, Denmark

PS: Arusha is very well know in Denmark. We have a vonlunteer organisation
MS, which has been working in Tanzania many many years, and their training
center is in Arusha. I was in Tanzania those days in 1994, Mwanza and
Bukoba where places where it was difficult to get a room, because all the
international organisations has rented nearly every bed avaible