GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Modou Samba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:29:24 -0800
G-Lers
  As we all know the L and other Gambian forums such
as "voice out" have been very useful in recent months
to agitate the government and make our views known.
However, we also know that the majority of Gambians do
not have access to internet or have the means to buy
news papers. Yet these masses are the very ones who
need the enlightenment and the kind of informations
that we in the diaspora have the prviledge of
accessing.
  My thought here is that maybe we should think of
ways to help them become more aware of issues in the
country, rather than being at the mercy of whatever
the government wishes to let them know at its
convenience. After all, when all is said and done,
they are the true decision makers in our country; they
are the ones who vote.
  I'm sure there is a good way this objective can be
attained. The first thing that came to mind is say,
having a radio station based in one of the
neighbouring countries i.e senegal. What do u guys think?