GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Seedy SaidyKhan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:35:25 EST
John,

Writing good things about The Gambia or The Gambia government does not
qualify someone to be a hypocrite. If this is the case, then there are so
many hypocrites on the List. Needless to say, I have seen more
anti-government/Jammeh sentiments on this List than anywhere else. However,
writing something good or bad (from your context) should be seen as
individual prerogatives/choices in line with freedom of speech.

Moreover, Tombong is not an opposition figure at the moment. He is a member
of the government. Thus, for him to write something "bad" about the
government that he represents will be obviously contradictory. However, in
line with the same freedom of speech, you have a right to be writing "bad"
things about the government.

Once again, I must say by inferring this piece of thought that everyone
should strive as hard as possible to practice what we preach (freedom of
speech and association).

Seedy Saidykhan.