GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ams Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:13:39 EST
Sister, this is the Cardinal Sin afflicting Gambians, at home and abroad.
Silent/Suddent Death Syndrome, the imbibed anger at Yahya Jahanama/A[F]PRC and
the gloom and doom situation faced by many Gambians and the lack/wherewithal of
venting it out, not with ones' family, but at the right parties.
Cardiovascular and Diabetic related stress syndrome[s], are the fastest killers amongst
Gambian adults. Upon visiting Gambia, one quickly notices anger, fear, lack of
trust and security of oneself and others on faces of Gambians, especially men,
with accelerated aging and frailty. I've come to learn how to accept, control
and conquer stress. After long hours of work at the plantation, I expect to
come home to a friendly environment call family and home. I selfishly tried
staying away from deviant/ignoramus' hypocrites and arrogant personalities.
Perhaps you'll understand my position toward the likes Ebou Jallow, Uncle Tom Boy
Saidy, Essa sey, Gassa and their likes, who understandably or
MIS-understandably, would defend and kill their brother or sister, not for country, Gambia, but
for Yahya Jammeh, just to keep their jobs. My philosophy is, after being swept
by Yahya's electric broom, one should come out and clear their conscience;
repent/apologize or right the wrongs; and keep on moving. No! These folks would
like to blend in, control the dynamics and ultimately, will return us to
square one. No Way Jose!