GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:20:40 +0000
Folks, I heard your concerns and they make sense, until you are those
illegals that these folks might report.  Let us not make comments in our
comfort zones of legality and allow innocent hard working folks to be either
deported or they loose their jobs and then talk, and talk.  An injustice to
one Gambian is an injustice to all Gambians.  I am not going to lie to
you'll, for every one individual they report, I'll offer three of their own
and I am going to start with their very household.  You'll are acting as if
I was the one who started all this.

There is a bright side to this story though.  I called the Embassy yesterday
and spoke to Tijan Ceesay on this issue and I am glad that we reached an
understanding.  He gave me his word and I am going to rely on it, but make
no mistake, my cards are close to ny chest.  All of us talking, how many are
illegal?  Let us try to see this issue not from two wrongs don't make a
right, but from the eyes of those that might be affected.  Blackmail will
not be tolerated from anyone and I'm glad that this issue is resolved, but
I'm equally glad that they also realized what's in store for them.  There is
a time to dialogue and there is a time to fight, and I'm ready for both when
it is absolutely necessary.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou