GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saikou Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:25:19 +0200

Hamjatta,
Though I have no time at this present moment but I think it is very important at this present moment(for reasons not concerning this forum)to give you a short reply.
I am of the believed that you don’t reflect so much on things you are told.
I am a founder member of Moja-G and I believed I know much about what is going on with Moja-G at this very moment and time.In the first place there is no splinter group call Moja-G or any splinter group from Moja-G,there has never in the history of the movement ever been any splinter group from Moja-G.In the second place,Sajor Jallow left Moja -G many years before the 1994 military coup and has since never been active with the movement.I could not even remember when Ousman Manjang was lastly an active member of Moja-G.There is no hidden fact that people like myself have consulted Manjang,as late as two months back, in trying to reactivate him into the activities of the movement. Presently I don’t know any body from Gamsem  calling him/herself a member of Moja-G or taking part in consultation activities of the Movement.
Moja-G as early as last year made attempts to register as a political movement,the registration was rejected,it was Dumo Saho who was leading this effort.At present known of those you made mention are in anyway,either active or passily taking part on the ground activities or consultations that are going on.So the Moja-G you are referring to must be existing only in your head and not in reality.
Ousman Manjang will self be in a better position to respond to your accusation.But I met with Manjang in April and the story he has been telling me and what you are writing here are very different.I am very aware that Mandan was in court with some members of the AFPRC,who as he claimed in court,unlawfully entered the premises of Gamcem forcefully took with them materials of Gamcem with the help of the NIA not more than two years back and according to you these are the people handing him over a government contracts interesting not so.I know that a very respectable person in the G-L informed Manjang that because of the fact that Baba jobe saw him(Ousman) at the president office talking to some people and this almost cost these people their jobs,becuase Baba ,I understand was so furious about this that he warned these people that if he sees Ousman in that office again they will have to go, incredible, with all the political powers of Baba Jobe,Sarjo Jallow is still an SOS handing over government contracts to OUSman.
Did you know that Moja-G was invited by the military Junta to work with them just after the coup and at a meeting of the homefront general body, with a great majority voting to say a Big NO to the invitation,at a time when these people were very popular ?

The reason why Moja-G is not making any statement at this present moment is because of the realities of the movement on the ground,our opposition to this fascist regime will be as consistent as it was  under the courrupt,brutal,neo colonial PPP regime,despite the torture,the unlawfull arrest and detention.And the fact is,it is only Moja-G who is having one of her founding members and militant in prison for more than one year without trial.Did we(the political comrades of Dumo) not say that we are of the believed that Dumo is in prison because of his activities with movement at home. We hope that you will one day join the efforts of those who are struggling with all their forces to put an end to this fascist regime than parading with stories that are of no significant,you might only become a distractor.Our struggle will not be dictated by your desires,you have neither read or seen the constitution or the programme of the movement, so your critic of our political movement will be base on what you are told, thus of no political significance.

For Freedom
Saiks