GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Buharry Gassama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:56:46 +0200
Hi!
    Thanks to all who have made their opinions on the broadcast known both online and in private. The overwhelming majority of people feel that the video should be broadcast. This is also reinforced by the number of hits received since the audio was made available online. In just over a day, there were close to a thousand hits. This shows that Diasporan Gambians are interested in the material. I have also considered the points raised by Bira go and Kebba. It is not my intention to propagate on anybody's behalf. I have however, based on the majority's desire to view the video, decided to broadcast it. People who watch the video can decide for themselves as to its authenticity. They can decide for themselves whether the statements of the detainees were authentic or coerced. The broadcast times will be sent under separate a heading. Thanks and have a good day.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Buharry.