GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sophia Ba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:28:53 -0800
Greetings Drammeh thanks for your comments.

Its funny that you should raise the point about white people actually
believing that Africans and apes are cousins. What absolute foolishness- I
might add. But how seriously depraved that they actually believed it. In
fact whilst researching into Ignatius Sancho an African slave who was born
on a slave ship (1734 approximately)on route to the Spanish West Indies in
the early 18th Century. Sancho's father committed suicide to escape slavery
and his mother died when he was 2 years old. Ignatius fortunes changed when
he was sold to 3 sisters in Greenwich, London. Who referred too as the
wicked witches.

Fortunately for Sancho Lord Montague saw that this African boy's
intelligence, and his eagerness to learn. So he taught him to read and
write. Ignatius was freed after Lady Churchill, Lord Montagu's wife died.
Ignatius was the first non-white person to own a grocers shop in
Westiminister, 5 minutes away from the Houses of Parliament- at the height
of the Atlantic Slave Trade. He became a famous letter writer. The debates
of the time which insued across the Atlantic in the 18th Century, in Britain
and America at this time were that Africans were  related to Orangutangs,
and were incapable of linear thought. So Ignatius would fill his letters
with dashes - each dash he made was a symbolic gesture of 2 fingers up to
the proslavery lobby.  Thomas Jefferson was disarmed by Ignatius Sancho's
utterances, and the publication of Philis Wheatley book of poetry.

Philis Wheatley who was captured from Senegambia was the first African
American woman to have her work published again proving that Africans were
intelligent human beings.

Therefore as we know the foundations of white supermacy are built on false
illusions, after all Africans were the first to write.

Oko I found your quote about Africa before the 10 commandments interesting.
I've been researching recently about the cow cults in Africa. These ancient
Africans from the Sahara-Sudaneo-Sahel were the first people to use
mummification, and introduced the practice into Egypt. They built the stone
cicles which can be seen in Libya, Niger, Mali, and it wouldn't suprise me
if Wassau Circles were also apart of this religion. In fact the oldest mummy
found in the world was that of an African boy of 2 years old dated at 6,000
years old.Who lived in the Sahara when it was green lush, with lions,
crocodiles,elephants,and plenty of cattle. The stone circles were places of
ritual cow sacrifices to attract rains as the ecology of the Sahara changed
into desert. Discovery channel has been screening some interesting
documentaries about mummification recently, However the lack of African
Griots to shed more light on the anthroplogy of the people-i.e. where their
descendents migrated to is lacking. This I feel is due to pseudo racism-
because they are looking for white influencies when they didn't exist at
that time in Africa.

Fula Griots have traced their tribes roots to Pakistan, Lao scholars from
Uganda have traced their empire to Iran, in Bangladesh they speak Mande
language, and the untouchables in India orginate from Africa. Africa's
history is revealing itself. Our civilisation was the first, and it can no
longer be white washed. In fact Africans discovered the world long before
the white man came out of his cave. An Egyptian vessel was found off the
coast of cornwall in the late 1990's. The first African Roman general to
rule Bath in England UK came from Libya Septimus in 450 AD. The Blackamoors
ruled Spain and Portugal for 750 years, and the linage of the Great Great
Grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Sophia Charolette comes from this
line. She was German by birth but her maternal line goes back to the
Portugese's Black Queen, authenticated in the painting of  the Black Maggi
1475. Not forgetting Santa Maria, the vigin Mary and Christ in the holliest
shrine of Poland is a African Woman with her Black Jesus. The pope pays
homeage to her annually.

So in conclusion the white washing of history is political, to keep the
control of Africa's resources in the white minorities hands.
OKo referring to the Warhorse well as you know with the principle of divide
and rule being Babylon's tool, the perpetuation of differences between
Africans needs to be reversed. It's time for us to look at our similarities
to promote progress within ourselves, our communities annd continent.

Over to you.

Peace and Unity

Sophia.