GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:41:38 +0100
Mr Janneh

Thanks for making my day. I have already made this
point to Comrade Jassey-Conteh, who believes a divided
opposition means victory for Jammeh. Well based on the
information I am receiving  the situation is that
President Yahya Jammeh will struggle to get 50% of the
votes if these elections are conducted freely. The
onus therefore lies on the IEC to abide by the rules
and conduct this election fairly.

So lets therefore keep our fingers crossed and pray
that in October 2001, The Gambia will be free as Yaya
would have gone. amen

Have a wonderful day

Sanusi

--- Amadou Scattred Janneh <[log in to unmask]>