GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:59:31 EDT
I am conducting a research on pre colonial African Diplomacy. My area of
interest includes the development of major cultures and societies in West
Africa,  the rise and fall of major west African empires such as Mali and Oyo
empire, their religions, political systems and socio-economic developments,
the interaction among different ethnic groups, the emergence of peace
treaties commonly known as DAN-KUTO in Mandinka language among ethnic groups
and pre-colonial kingdoms such as Kabu empire (part of Gambia, Casamance,
Guinea Bissau) and Futta of Fullani and probably Tokolorr people in parts of
present day Northern Senegal and Guinea Conakry and the rules and process of
such peace treaties.
Any materials such as books, lectures, statements, etc. are welcome. Anyone
with  knowledge in this area may help.
Thanx
Lamin pf Manneh