GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jamba jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:41:50 +0000
PDOIS, has once more demoinstrated that it is a party of intergrity and
knowledge, the fact that they alone are concentrating our minds to the most
fundamental issuse of the day confirms my assertions.  At a time when
peoples thought derail and focus on the issue of Jawara PDOIS is
concentrating our mind to the essence.  We must therefore show deligence and
avoid the euphoria and focus on the institutions that are central to the
elections we cannot allow ourselves to be diverted only to cry foul
afterwards.  I think the alliance people are calling for most not be seen as
an end but only a means , in fact the very reason why there is a need for
alliance is the simple fact that Jammeh does not operate by the rule of law
in fact he operates like a monarch and have all his cronies such as Tamsir
Jallow, Tombong saidy AND FATOUMATTA jAHUMPA STRUGGLING TO DEFEND HIS
USUALLY UNTENEABLE POSITION.

To corect his acts of I do not care attitude and his disregard for the
constitution is therefore the essence of any alliance. The constitutional
anomaly he created has angered all genuine democrats, in fact had he abided
by the rule of law and people voted him then there would no have been any
need, but his arrogance is of the essence for an opposition alliance.

As for PDOIS they should be rest assured that people are no longer sleeping
and any attempt to tarnish their good image would be in vain, many of us
appreciate that their are those that will always try to thwart the truth and
try to show that they are anti alliance we know that is false IN EVERY
SITUATION IT HAS TO BE JUDGED AND THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT YOU LOT ARE DOING
WE, shall continue to rely on your gidance and honest judgement we know come
the dawn of awareness you shall be the leaders. After all we know OJS,
JAWARAS, DARBOES etc are no the  the solution to the creation of a genuine
democracy.

After all just like Tamsir Jallow now Oj never saw anything wrong with
Jawara in fact he use to praise sing him so much you would think the guy is
a prophet, when he has accomplished absolutely nothing for three decades. So
PDOIS continue the good work we look forward to more postings as they are
always elightining.
SAUL