GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Sillah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 16:22:18 +0100
Gassama, i told you i will not debate you. If you
think killing innocent people and mistreating anyone
just because the person opts to be different with you
is good then well and good. Just to remind you that in
as much as some of us are victims of the current
regime, we still harbours no ill feeling against
anyone. Journalists are suppose to be there for
everybody even you. Just wait when your day come and
you happen to be maltreatted then you will know why
good intelligent people always care. Topic close from
this end.

E Sillah.

--- Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<HR>
<P>Ebrima Sillah wrote:</P>
<P>"Serious Gambians, </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I have never taken Gassama seriously but his recent
postings on the L shows that this man is not worth
debating atall. Maybe Gassama thinks that all the
subscribers on the L are outside of this
country....because if not why all these rubbish about
new roads, hospitals, schools and what have you."</P>
<P>Mr. Sillah,</P>
<P>I am responding to you with the hope that you would
be honest to answer any questions that I may ask you
in this piece.</P>
<P>Now to respond to you, let me first of all say that
I have never presumed for one moment that all
subscribers to the L are residing outside the country.
I have learnt that a long time back. About taking me
seriously, I do not care who does and who does not.
One thing I do know is that you, for one, do take me
seriously as everything in this piece of
yours&nbsp;points to that. Secondly, this rubbish
about schools, hospitals and whatever else you wish to
include in your list, is a direct consequence of our
lack of them for more than 30 years. I need not tell
you that for over 30 years the previous government
never built a single high school nor hospital in a
country whose population more than trebbled during
that period. You know that more than I do or am
I&nbsp;wrong here? </P>
<P>You again wrote:</P>
<P>"&nbsp;Gassama have you ever sit and think about
the number of hungry students going to these schools
just because they cannot afford one square meal a day,
the number of sick Gambians going to the 'new
hospitals' only to be turned away because there are no
adequate drugs, the number of people who continue to
face state sponsored harassment and intimidation daily
etc."</P>
<P>Sillah, my answer is NO!. Have you? Ebrima, you
live in the country as much as I do. Now tell me, have
you ever filed any report about&nbsp;the 'new
hospitals' that turn away sick Gambians because there
are no adequate drugs? As for people who continue to
face state sponsored harassment and daily
intimidation, my answer is very simple. I do not care.
If anyone decides to crusade against a legitimately
elected government, for reasons best known to them,
they have the legitimate right to do so and the
government also has the legitimate authority to take
whatever measures it deems fit.</P>
<P>You asked:</P>
<P>"I wander what would have been your reaction, if
one of your sons happened to be the victim on April 10
and 11 2000."</P>
<P>Ebrima, if one of the victims of the April 2000
tragedy had been my own, I would bury him, pray for
him and choose whatever options that may be available
to me, including accepting it in good faith or murder
whoever I KNOW to have killed him.</P>
<P>You again wrote:</P>
<P>"Some of us have decided not to debate you because
you are dishonest with facts from the Gambia. But
those good and honest people in the country and even
in the government never take you serious. I wander
what is your take on the media commission bill even
when its provision have supremecy over the
constitution. Brother some of us who talk are doing it
just because we care for our country and we want to
see every body treated equally. If you think that you
can rely on the few weeks experience of homecomers
than keep fooling yourself. The Gambia belongs to all
of us and if we are not happy with the way our tax
monies are being spent we will voice it out." </P>
<P>Ebrima, you are not only dishonest but very
inconsistent. You tell me on the one hand that nobody
takes me seriously only to turn around asking my
opinion about the proposed media bill. Are you for
real? No, you are not going to get my opinion of the
proposed media bill just yet. I will give it at an
appropriate time.</P>
<P>Finally, please revisit your penultimate sentence.
I donot rely on the few weeks experience of homecomers
to fool myself. If you want to tell the list that what
the 'few weeks homecomers' are saying is absolute
lies, please do so. I, for one, know that whatever
they have said is just a tip of the iceberg. You know
it and I know it. Honesty is an integral part of
integrity, Mr. Sillah.<BR><BR>Have a good day,
Gassa.<BR></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier New, Courier, Monospace"
color=#3333ff size=4>There is a time in the life of
every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small
enough to solve. -Mike- Levitt-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
easiest way to share and print your photos: <a
href='http://g.msn.com/1HM100901/157'>Click

go to the Gambia-L Web interface
at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail
to: