GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:57:30 EDT
Hi Sidi,

As Habib already said, what else is new. Please be careful, and I hope that
all of you guys are OK.

Jabou

In a message dated 10/24/00 10:16:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< The local BBC FM station has just announced that the Interior Minister has
 declared General Guei the winner of the presidential elections.  Another
 press release from Agence France Presse below is stating that General Guie
 had asked the Supreme to cancel Sunday's presidential election.  The
 situation is now extremely delicate and down right confusing.  As I write
 this note, soldiers are reported to be moving towards Bengerville.  I will
 now try to make it home while the roads to appear passable.  KB, Thank you
 and to all those who have expressed concern about the safety of Gambian
 staff and their families. I must go now.

    ABIDJAN, Oct 24 (AFP) - The head of Ivory Coast's electoral commission
 was
 Tuesday summoned by military ruler General Robert Guei but res >>