GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ramatoulie Gillen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:48:41 GMT
Yusupha,
         thanks for the distinction.  Think about it. If Allah had created
the clitoris as a sexually sensitive organ, whose sole function seems to be
to heighten sexual pleasure for women, for the purpose of procreation, it
can be said that He had considered such Pleasure as normal and legitimate,
and therefore an integral part of mental health.

Men including those in Norway who classified themselves as muslim men, yet
their religious values ignored Allah's mercy for his children only to
satisfy their own egoistic cultural needs. They don't know how women feel
sexually when circumcised because their penis are still intact with only a
foreskin off. Let me ask them, if religion comes from Allah, how can He
order man to cut off an organ created by him unless the organ creates health
problems?  The foreskin of the penis is unhealthy for men. Allah does not
create the organ of the body haphazardly without a plan. It is not possible
that He had created the clitoris in a woman's body only to be cut off at an
early stage in life. Thus this is a contradiction in which neither the
religion nor the creator could possibly fall. If this is culture , I
denounce it as a principle source of gender base violence and brutality.

Female genital mutilation CANNOT be compared to male circumcision
Ramatoulie