GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SANNEH K SAMUEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:00:29 +0100
Over the years we see these Gambians like Tombong and the so called
defenders of the july 22 coup flip-flopping between sanity and total madness
and confusion. It is sad though that people like Tombong who were hell-bent
to silence the masses of the Gambian people, could come up with an article
entitle " Culture of silence". Tombong, am asking you to set light on your
sudden U-turn from none compromise to open discussions? Did you forget that
you, Tombong, Baba Jobe and Yankuba Touray were the architects of silencing
the Gambian people. What is the matter with you when you cannot keep or be
inconsistant with your words? One day it is about burying people six feet
deep and the other day is about opening doors to compromise. What is the
paranoia in the APRC government? Tombong said;
" The Gambia belongs to all of us and I believe we owe it to our kids to do
whatever it takes to make live bearable for them"
I asked you Tombong, when did you or any member of the APRC realised that,
the Gambia belongs to all of us. Since july 1994, we noticed that the Gambia
belongs to his excellency  Alhagie Dr col retired Yahya Ajj Jammeh. What a
JOKE! Iam asking you to be serious and stop singing songs for your survival.
You are not a musician, no wonder we have not heard any of your singles yet.
below I quote you again;
"Despite all the name changes, Gambia Utility Corporation (GUC), to NAWEC,
the problem remains the same, constant darkness. VISION 2020 cannot be and
will never be achieved if the problem of energy in this country is not
solved once and for all".

Mr saidy, please ask your visionary president who happens to be the man
responsible for the electricity which you believed is also connected to the
water supply. Ask him to debate the electricity problem with me or any other
Gambian in public. What the hell is wrong with him not to be able to take
care of his own department. Forget vision 2020, that's just a little bit in
the future. I know that no serious Gambian takes vision 2020 as a realistic
dream but rather a nightmare in the horizon. It is clear that a president
who cannot take care of a department, surely cannot take care of the
country. This means your president was talking about himself when he said
and I quote you;
"we had the President said among other things that anyone who knows that he
or she cannot deliver, should simple resign".

To be realistic Mr Saidy, may be he, Jammeh should simply resign because he
cannot DELIVER. Did you tell him to do that? Or may be you should discuss
that with him in public?
"................but we should discuss them in public as well"

Do you understand why some of these people you met in bars would not want to
discuss economic or other matters in public? Sure you do; because they don't
want to be burried six feet under the ground just like DEYDA HYDARA, who
discussed his stands on freedom of speech and freedom of press in public by
sending a personal mail to the mad president and the sole costodian of the
REPUBLIC OF THE GAMBIA. The other reason is that students were massacred in
the light of day because they wanted a public discussion.
I for one has no probelm discussing anything related to my country, our
country in public. I have no reason to hide and that's why Iam asking you or
your government to contact me, set up an avenue where we can discuss
publicly and let the readers or audience be the judges. You do not have to
debate me on Gambia l or any other Bantaba but write to me personally and I
promise I will be responding accordingly. The choice is yours or Jammeh's.
"If we really want to live the dreams of VISION 2020 and nurture our young
democracy, we should kill this culture of silence and work together in the
interest of The Gambia?
Mr Saidy, we do not want to live the dreams of vision 2020, because it is
not our vision, the vision of the Gambian people, rather a nightmare by a
mad man hungry for power and hallucinating unrealistic and far fetched
visions. What we want as a nation and as a people is a society of sanity and
tolerance, a society base on respect and deliverance. We do not one a
tyranical regime that has nothing to deliver but fear and insecurity an
uncertainty. God willing Mr Saidy, the Gambian people will, by all means
necessary, liberate and emancipate themselves from the jaws of this poisnous
snake.
Until the injustice and the suffering of our people brought by this
government is finally uprooted from all sectors of our social structures, I
will not rest. The Gambian people will not rest. We are determined to see
the end to this dictatorship and madness by all means necessary.
Nyanchor, Karlstad university, Sweden.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい