GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emmanuel N'Dow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 11:10:08 PST
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Well, Ginny, I also heard the same analysis on Public Radio here in
Nashville. They said that the allegation was that the prosecutors did not put
on a very good case, and that they were not as dilligent in their cross
examination of the officers, or in their attempts to bring forth witnesses
or experts to strengthen their arguments. Overall, the impression by
observers of the trial was that prosecutors could have put on a stronger
case, but visibly did not.
It is good at least that the justice department will review the verdict for
what that's worth.

Jabou Joh
Jabou,Ginny the prosecution was very inept; they should've taken the jurors to
the scene of the crime to counter the "false" emotions shown by the defendants
on the witness stand. I suspected that the case was destined for such a
verdict when defense motions for a change of venue were granted. The same
thing happen in the Rodney King trial, move the case, make the cops avoid the
death penalty or live in prison, then even it out with a civil judgement
against the city and the cops. I suspected as much when my brother told me
that appeals for calm were being made to the public thursday evening in the
city. Prosecutors I suspect, did not want to alienate the police after all
they do work together and in this business one hand always washes the other
which is VERY SAD.
Thanks
Daddy Sang