GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:25:28 EST
Saiks:

My decision to organize Gambianmuslims arose from a suggestion Habib Ghanim,
Sr. made on Gambia-L a while back: that just like Gampatriots (a spinoff of
The L for postings on African News, etc.) we could come up with a forum where
Islamic discussions can take place.  I thought that was a very good idea.
However, since I had limited knowledge in Internet stuff, I could not
implement my goal -- until GESO formed some Lists through the eGroups server.
 I jumped at the opportunity of trying things out and I'm very excited that I
succeeded. Since its formation, I've learned a lot about Islam that I did not
know before -- and I hope many more people would join and contribute to our
discussions.  Those interested may email me at [log in to unmask], or Modou
Camara at [log in to unmask]

Actually, Modou Camara is quite helpful because without his knowledge and
guidance, some of the booboos I made would not have been fixed:)  Also, I can
attest to the fact that this Camara is exceptional, because I've known him to
be quite a brave man and Ramadan is quite an easy task for him.  I can't say
that about the Njies and the Drammehs though!!!

I am quite perturbed by the exchange between you and Modou Mbye though.  I
hope you guys will just move on and call a spade a spade because both of you
are very intelligent individuals, and I would hate to see you engage in this
form of argument.

BTW, you never sent me New Year greetings, and I'm very HAPPY to say that
yes, "She is Gone" and I'm glad to have her back (laugh).

Tonight is Laylatul-Qadr and I must go and say some Duas -- yes, I'll pray
for you.

Regards,

Awa Sey