GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 11:10:26 +0100
                                  Freedom Newspaper Mail Bag: What our readers say today!!!
   By: A Concerned Gambian
  Mr. Mbai: I just got off talking to relative in Gambia who informed me that the IEC has found another box with no picture full of ballots. The relative confirmed that this information was announced over the TV. In another disturbing venue, Lamin Kitty Jabang went around on Saturday night giving rice, sugar and money to folks in Julakunda, a predominantly Jola section. Some of the residents refused to take the offer, but some took Jabang's bribe. I just could not understand how Jabang could have easily changed. Maybe it is because of his tentative appointment as ambassador to Saudi Arabia. Because of the confusion of the recently discovered ballot box with no picture on it, but believed to be of UDP/NRP's ballot, Mr. Conteh has not has not taken the oath as Member of Parliament for Kombo East Constituency.
          By:Biraago
  Joe,
  A wonderful insight of this problematic issue indeed. I believe that issues of common interested MUST be lifted to the fore, wherever they may appear and whoever it may personally concern. You can till observe that, since it does not mention certain language groups, many of the great anti-tribalist crusaders are still quiet on this matter. For some because Mathew is a sympathiser to their organisational belongings.
  Some time ago, a certain individual made very misplaced remarks against Halifa Sallah and Omar Jallow in the same vein and unfortunately, the attitude was, it does not concern me directly. It's good you mentioned Rwanda among other contentious areas. It is exactly the same thing occurring in our beloved country, just that it has not been triggered by way of the use of arms. It is urgent for all Gambians to see this looming danger before it erupts. This is worst than the Yahya factor and we are ignoring it until we are plunged into it because of our shortsightedness and egocentric nature.
  I thinks those of you who are subscribers to the Gambia-L should also extend this information to that readership Pa Nderry Mbaye likewise. This is not to witch hunt Mathew but to be always on the alert against the ugly face of tribal chauvinism in all it's manifestations.

Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:  4.00                        Rating:   5    hey fellow stop reading the people's online news if u are not happy with the materials being conveyed through this medium            Rating:   3    fuck that devil called yaya shit Jammeh            Rating:   3    GOD BLESS JAMMEH AND THE HUMBLE GAMBIANS.WITH GOD, JAMMEH FEAR THEM NOT, "THE EVIL" SHALL PERISH.            Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい