GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
koto Faal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:04:31 +0000
Hello Joe,
I couldn't disagree with your contribution due to two points you stated in
your subscribtion, firstly I share the believe that religious discussions of
such nature should be left alone, because Faith is such a delicate issue
which can easily offend. I happen to came from a family where it is 51-49
percent muslims and christians, my Dad's elder brother, same Mum is a
Catholic, in my heart I wish that wasn't so.The reason that makes me to
agree with the point of yours is, We as muslims are warn not to engage in
this kind of discussion, because in any discussion one needs result, which
is very hard to achieve in religious topics, there is a Verse which says
"LAKUM DEENE KUM WA LIYA DEEN", Which means follow what you believe and I
will follow mine, which also confirm the second point which prompt me to
reply to your subscribtion.
Furthermore, I owed this to myself and to mankind to put this point to you
and to others  whether you a muslim or not, Islam is not about waiting for
the unevitable to happen to learn about your faith in the hereafter or the
so called other side,Islam is about discovering that other side here,your
creator, yourself, ABOVE ALL MUHAMMAD AND ALL THAT IS CREATED THROUGH HIM.
This will not be an imagination, it will be physical not in the word but you
will live it and would see and do things differenetly thats the time I will
have a proper dialogue with evidence. The beauty about Islam is personal not
collective, every individual should walk it alone to ALLLAH, though with
guidance from above. No one will take care for any sins you may have done
during your journey back to your Lord, what ever you do whether good or bad
you take with you.
Finally all that I said about disbelievers is from the Holy Quran, which I
believe to be the word of ALLAH and I am happy to make it mine and I have
evidence of its thruthfulness and anyone may seek for the truth, its there
for everyone to discover.I have a very good relationship with non
muslims,half of my family are not muslims,most of my friends are of another
faith, even Hindus and shikh's, people that I know over the years, like you
at school but all I ever wanted is uniformity, which may seem abnormal if it
ever happen. The result of my contribution to this topic was to clarify but
not to force the issue and I still hope that it appeal to the wider
subscribers.
  There is nothing the ALMIGHTY cannot make possible, I am praying to him to
sit in judgement over this issue, if HE is the truth, may he
bless you with wisdom and used you as medium to continue HIS good work,and
that be serve as HIS manifestation of his blessing to us all. AMEN.