GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mr. O. B. Silla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:41:19 EST
Sister Jabou,

All play no work, they say, makes Jack a dull boy and Jill a dull girl.  The
introduction of the discussion on Senegambian football (soccer) both
past/present has gingered all the ardent fans of the game to pour in their
recollections of their individual and collective stars and their best moments
watching the game being played.  Atleast for once, this would breathe in a
sigh of relief from some of our bitter, controversial, well-meaning,
objective and sometimes subjective discourses/debates on the G-L especially,
coming during the Holy month of Ramadhan.

Let me re-echo your point that it would be interesting to have a soccer
history on our sub-region and probably it would be befitting to assign Ebrima
Ceesay (as the name Coach defines his understanding of the game) to undertake
this gruelling task.  How about that Coach? Laugh!

Happy Ramadhan and God bless The Gambia.

OB Silla.