GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ams Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:57:24 EDT
In a message dated 6/30/02 2:57:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> From the recent policies of the government, I won’t be surprised if we end
> up with one of the very best health care delivery set-ups in Africa. I hope
> people will now stop this nonsense that our hospitals have no equipment,
> Doctors or medicines.
>
> Have a good day, Gassa.
> --------

What utter nonsense you're trying to force down our path? Could you tell us,
how many of the following are being utilized or exist in the hospital system:
They include motorised beds and mattresses,
blood pressure stands, a treadmill with monitor, EKG machines,
nebuliser-asthmatic drug dispensers, a breathing therapy machine,
defriburator – heart regulating machine, a dialysis machine, infusion pumps
and automatic bynamaps.
 You seemed to be hibernating in a surreal Jammehism world. Why is your first
lady heading to the USA for an annual checkup? The thousands of dollars, she
and her baby will be paying for medical and traveling expenses, could have
gone toward purchasing one or two of such equipment's. Beg! Beg! Beg! When
will it end? To prove you wrong, I sneaked into Banjul last year and happened
to visit the April 10-11 maimed student and victims of Yahya Jammeh at
PRIVATE BLOCK, what an eerie feeling? I sincerely wonder, whether you've ever
visited hospitals in South Africa, Egypt, Zimbabwe, Dakar or Ouagadougou?
Stop living in La-La land.
Ams