GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elow Wole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:56:37 -0000
What I want to know is, "Whoever said that this bulletin is solely dedicated
to issues revolving around "the president"?  Why can't we engage in other
non-political conversations/debates etc.  No flagrant fouls have been
committed here, just exchanging tech notes to one another.

It's funny how the same people yelling "get rid of the dictator", are trying
diligently to dictate the tone of this bulletin.  This is a bulletin for
ALL, not just anti-"president" affairs.  I don't think "the president" is
doing all evil and no good.  What if I want to talk about wildlife, art,
cars, houses, or the stock market, and draw the attention of a small
interest group?  Do you consider that a waste of time, energy and disk
space?

We must understand that some people have chosen to limit their involvement
in political matters, for whatever reasons they may have.  But should that
limit their engagements in this forum, surely not. If IP tracing sounds
greek to you or anyone for that matter, simply depress your delete button on
your keyboard, and rid yourself from future headaches.

I urge everyone to look at this bulletin board as a tool for sharing views
and opinions, and a means of reaching out to your fellowmen around the
world.  Remember, ..."even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their
story."

Regards

Essa