GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 21:51:38 +0000
Well, Pa Saikou, after this one you should become an investment banker for
you can make tons of doe to just alert the investors of a bear market,
forget about alerting them about a bull market.  Jokes aside, you said:

"Can NAAD win any election in The Gambia? TALK TO ME!!"

We do not need to debate that, just look at the opposition in the National
Assembly as I write.  All three members ran under NADD, did they not?  And
so that bubble is deflated fast.

I also did not know that the Kombo East bi-elections was a referendum on
NADD or Halifa?  For you to worry so much about NADD, when you DEFINITELY
know they "Can Never Win any Election in The Gambia", makes me wonder why
you worry so much.  It also reveals that APRC is not your issue but NADD.
Hummmmm!  I have my hunches, but will keep my cards close to my chest.

On the issue of OJ coming to the US, well you cannot dictate what goes on in
NADD and none owe you an explanation for it.  Whomever is voted in, in this
bi-election, it is not because of anything that you or I have said here, but
because the voters voted for them.  One more opposition member in the
Assembly is nice and a good confidence booster, but stops no show at the
Assembly.  For any amendment that Yaya wants to ram on us, will still be
rammed at us.  Get rid of Yaya and ah ha, you really can make the change you
want.

On STGDP, again, why worry about what they do?  By now you have realized
that we owe nothing to any party in the Gambia, but to get rid of Jammeh.
In the process, we will call politicians to order when their wishes are
against what the people want.  To remind you about our independence, When
some came here to say OJ (OJ did not say that) was nominated, it was the
STGDP members that first came out swinging against that premature call.
Just like when Darboe threatened and bolted from NADD, it is the same STGDP
that took him to task.  We apologize to none for championing Gambia and her
liberation, and we fear or favor none.  That is the reason why we can make
it clear that we support none that bolt from the collective Gambian
aspiration.  If the tables were turned and Halifa and OJ had bolted from
NADD, we will still stick to our guns, for the principle was for or against
none.  And so we stand tall and will continue to do that which we agreed to
do for our country, regardless what you or any say about the group.  You
cannot accuse us of tribalism, for a rainbow of ethnicities compose it.  You
cannot accuse us of mismanagement, for transparency is our mantra and not a
cent is used to administer the organization and every dime of the peoples
money goes strictly to NADD, not even the transaction costs to wire funds
comes from the people's donations.  We do better than the Red Cross or the
Department of Defense in the US, don't you think?  It's been how many years,
and you never heard of a missing cent, have you?  And so, we worry not about
a thing about our integrity.  Those that want to give to NADD will give to
NADD regardless, and the same goes for the UDP or APRC.  Thus, none hold us
hostage for anything.  A donation by any Gambian to NADD is an investment to
themselves and as long as we channel their monies to where they want it
channeled, we are in pretty good shape.

The rest of your stuff is your opinion and we all have tons of it.  Remember
it is the cheapest commodity around.  It is hard facts that are scarce these
days.  Thus, I await the results with anticipation that whom ever the voters
vote for, that is whom they wanted to vote for, and will live with that
choice, so, this is not a do or die for NADD or any party.  When someone has
been hungry and marginalize for more than a decade you do not have to
convince them of their plight.  They will listen to the three individuals
and make their choice, and that is their constitutional right.  Now if their
choice does not work for them, they would live with it and hopefully they
will be older and wiser at the next opportunity, and that goes for Yaya too.
  If the Gambian voters vote him in, in October, that says nothing about the
STGDP.  It is the chioce of those that live in the fire itself and they will
have to live with that choice, in happiness or misery.  None is forced at
gunpoint to vote for any or sell their vote, and none can stand in todays
Gambia and say they do not know their plight.

Chi Jaama

Joe