GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bakary Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 23:46:27 +0000
Dear Mr Gassama,

Since you wrote: "I also strongly believe that if some of these so-called
victims had opposed or criticised the government responsibly, they would
never have been victims", would you then be honest enough to at least share
with us the name of any among the so-called victims who had provoked the
mal-treatment he/she received from the NIA as a consequence of slandering
someone or for writing unfounded or malicious stories about the government
or government officials? Please also indicate the exact crime committed by
the the 'so-called vitim(s)' to deserve the cruel treatment meted out to
him/her/them by the NIA acting on behalf of the APRC government.
I bet you cannot give me any straight answer to these question because there
cannot be any justification under the Rule of Law for the crimes committed
on behalf of the APRC against those so-called victims.

GASSA, Please STOP insulting the intelligence or rationale of the victims of
the APRC; this doesn't help the healing or reconciliation process that you
advocate for in the Gambia. On the contrary, it only generates further
resentment and hatred between the regime and their apologists on one hand
and on the other; the victims, their friends and families. If you cannot
therefore for some reason tell who is a victim from who is not, it is under
such circumstances better to be mute rather than your tendency to blame the
innocent.

Remember, The yoke of oppression must be shattered!

BMK