GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:50:11 -0000
BROTHER BABA GALLEH:

Without reservations and hesitations, I would strongly recommend that you
would do a VERY FINE job as a HOLLY WOOD SCREEN WRITER or a New York City
Theater PLAY WRITER. To my humble opinion, these kind of THINKING jobs would
be the ideal kind of jobs for you in which you could earn job satisfaction.
I said this because in critiquing your Satires, I have discovered the
following essential qualities in you:

(1) "SATIRICAL ORIENTATION":- You have the ability in orientating between
differing levels or stages in your Satires without distorting or obscuring
the hidden image or portray of the Satires. To state it more specifically,
you have the fluency of navigating from one satirical terrain to another
whiles still maintaining your reference point within the same grid square.
This quality of yours tend to make critiquing of your Satires absolutely
challenging, because your orientation from a level to another, respectively,
tends to force the Critic to always have a second though about the Satires.
A typical example of your satirical orientation is the connexion between
RHINEHEART SOBERLOOK spreading his NET and BUSULU FOREST. In each case, we
have two different or sometimes similar kinds of Leaders emerging, each of
which has experienced different or similar kind of administrations. In any
case, this is the central purpose of every satire.

(2) USES OF SATIRICAL NOMENCLATURES:- Your using of Traditional Satirical
Nomenclatures is another great quality of yours which tremendously aids in
comprehending your satires as true cultural satires, which vividly
illustrates life experiences in our own cultures; those nomenclatures come
in various traditional names, which make the satire culturally neutral.

(3) SIMPLICITY:- I have also discovered that your Satires are always easy
and simple to follow. In most instances, the Critic could easily maps out
his/her way as early as in your first paragraph; but he/she could also
easily get lost within your orientation.

Therefore, considering the above qualities in your writings, in critiquing
BUSULU FOREST, I once again got lost in the galaxies as a result of your
satirical orientation. Initially, I though that the story was lamenting
about POST-RHINEHEART SOBERLOOK, but as I went through it again, the
emergence of WULA FOX at the end of the satire made me to change my mind,
and instead chose PRE-RHINEHEART SOBERLOOK era as oppose to POST. In BUSULU
FOREST, you eloquently highlighted how life was like when MANSA KUMAJANG was
reining; but you only briefly mentioned about FORMER VASSAL CHIEF, who was
chased away by MANSA KUMAJANG. There is not much difference between
RhineHeart Soberlook and Mansa Kumajang since both have experienced some
kinds of threat to their regimes, and also abominable corruption and huge
networks of espionage in an attempt to mind-hunt or silence their critics.

In conclusion, BABA, you have accomplished another advanced heights in
orientating between RhineHeart Soberlook and Mansa Kumajang of Busulu
Forest. What ever era you may be referring to as that is only known to the
Satirist, each of these two eras are intertwined, with one succeeding the
other. To that end, BABA, I extend to you my sincere appreciation for
another excellent job done.

Ansumana Kujabi