GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
oko drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 03:24:56 -0800
Brothers and Sisters, Ladies and gentlemen, I regret to announce the death of our dear musician brother and friend Mr. Charlie Valentine of The former Super Eagles Jazz Band. He died in England on the 17th of February 2008.
Charlie, played the bass guitar on the Viva Super Eagles album with Paps Touray, Oussou Njie-Senor,Badou Jobe, Malang Gassama,Senemie Taylor, Edu Hafner and Modou Cham. He will be surley missed.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Oko Drammeh
Soto Koto Music Company

Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Baldeh Banna,
Thanks for the "Haal Pulaar" lesson. I guess the Mandinka never saw the
value or need in asking their Fulas the right way to say Tengaade. After
all the Mandinka looked at the Fula as their very own! Notwithstanding
the mountain of evidence that suggests that much of what pre-European
Mandinka learned about cropping, herding, religion or pure ingenuity
passed through the Fulas.

As for the Senator's dress/ African Garb/Kenyan Somali traditional
attire, I think it would have been an even greater fashion statement if
he added the "Fadam Njaaden".  Of course one can only imagine what they
would call that.

Bytheway anyone with photos of our very own Dr. in Suite and Tie or
better still Fadam Njaaden?

Malanding