GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:56:25 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2001 6:00:14 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Now that "Ndnoo" Joof is sitting on Pap Cheyassin's seat, I expect him to
> act justifiably towards his fellow citizen, and to investigate all cases
> that are pending and not to let anyone spend one minute in jail for what he

*******************
Prince,

If only things were that simple, and civil servants under this regime were
allowed to do their jobs guided only by their conscience and professionalism,
then we would not have the unending parade of people in and out of various
positions since the advent of this so called government.

Joe Joof can only be as effective as Yaya Jammeh lets him, and you have to
remember that the atrocities that Joof can investigate were committed by the
very people who appointed him in this office. Therefore, let us not fool
ourselves into thinking that Joseph Joof can go about his job as he should;
and this regime will just sit by and watch him investigate crimes that will
put people from Yaya Jammeh to  many a member of his regime behind bars if
justice is to be served.

I think it is abundantly clear to everyone by now that anyone attempting to
do their job with a conscience does not have the chance of a snowball in hell
in this regime.
The only ones that last are the ones who pay hommage to whatever the Boss
says, without conscience, without putting any thought process into the
action, they just dance like puppets when their string is pulled. Period, and
this will continue to be the case under this regime whose main focus is to do
whatever it takes to stay where they are, and the idea of an AG that has free
reign to investigate their many crimes would be like them deliberately
shooting themselves in the foot.

By the way, Happy birthday, and I do have my brother Musa Joh's contact
details for you, and will send them privately.

Jabou Joh