GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Manneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:20:31 +0100
Culled from the BBC.
Well well, now people open ya ears and listen for rabbit-eared Jack is
speaking, and yet again I have no doubt that if it was another war they wanted
( as his boss is the blood thirstiest of them all and seems to be on war
footing 24-7) they would have been flying all over the world seeking support
for it, but nope, these are Palestinians they can all be obliterated off the
face of the damn earth for all they care.
I do not know what it is,  especially with the British govt that they will not
or cannot even ever send an envoy to the middle East who is not Jewish or has
Jewish heritage. What have they got to fear from an Anglo-Saxon, Welsh, Celtic
finding out that a British Jew will be mute about?? It makes one wonder.

NB:- Don't be fooled by his last name, Mr rabbit-eared Jack is as Jewish as
they ever come. I am not saying that by extension he is a Zionist, but I
seriously have come to a stage where I doubt anything these people say about
Israel, for they should match words with actions as they are so eager to do in
other cases.

The world has to wake up and stand up to these brutes!! We can all do something
in our own little ways. It might seem insignificant but if done collectively we
will see the dividends. For example in my tiny household we do not buy anything
that says produced in Israel, or buy from big British supermarkets like
Sainsbury, (owner, Science Minister Lord Sainsbury ) who supports an apartheid
state in Israel,he says it all the time, and surprise surprise he is the guy
our dickhead of a prime minister appointed science minister. The man says that
Israel is a state for the Jews, people, can you imagine someone/politician
jumping up in England or the US and saying England is for Anglo-Saxons or The
US is for white Americans only, all hell will break loose, but everyday we hear
this bullocks," the Jewish state, Israel". It's apartheid pure and simple. If
this is the psyche of Sharon (which i have no doubt it is, then is it any
wonder we are where we are today).

You can go to the west bank or Israel proper and ask any Arab to take you to
his grandpa's grave, he will not only take you to the grandpa's but also to his
great grand pap's and even the 10 generation great grand pap's. Now you ask
another question to a Zionist and he will tell you the grandpap is either
buried in Brooklyn, Ukraine, Poland, Argentine etc etc, and yet these people
have the nerves to call the place a "Jewish State"

I think I'll have to stop now before my blood pressure shoots up again.

Regards
Manneh

Tuesday, 2 April, 2002, 09:15 GMT 10:15 UK
'No military solution' to Mid-East crisis

Israel hopes to pre-empt new suicide attacks

Israeli action in the West Bank can not be excused as being part of the
global "war on terrorism", UK foreign secretary Jack Straw has warned.
Mr Straw also ruled out the possibility of an imminent US attack on Iraq, which
some commentators fear would fuel the escalating crisis in the Middle East.

I don't think for a second there is going to be an imminent US attack on Iraq

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw

The foreign secretary was speaking as gun battles raged between Israeli forces
and Palestinian gunmen in the West Bank towns of Bethlehem and Ramallah.

Mr Straw told BBC Radio 4's Today programme Israel had "reached a position of
almost complete despair" because of Palestinian suicide bombings.

But asked if that meant he regarded prime minister Arial Sharon's decision to
send tanks into the West Bank as a legitimate part of the "war against
terrorism", Mr Straw said: "No."

'No military solution'

He said the Palestinian suicide bombings were "at the heart of this spiral of
violence and is driving the Israeli government's position".

But at the same time, he wanted to see a withdrawal of Israeli troops from the
West Bank.

He called on both sides to engage in peace talks through US special envoy
Anthony Zinni.

"There can be no military solution to this desperate situation which the
Israelis and the Palestinians find themselves," Mr Straw told Today.

Iraq

Mr Straw said US President George Bush's public support for a Palestinian state
meant there was a closer agreement about "the end state of negotiations than
there had been in 20 years".

But, he added, there was "no magic wand" to bring an end to hostilities.

He also firmly rejected suggestions that the US was poised to attack Iraq over
its refusal to comply with UN weapons inspectors.

"I don't think for a second there is going to be an imminent US attack on
Iraq," Mr Straw said.

Bush meeting

He said the Bush administration had a track record for acting with caution and
would not launch military strike against Iraq without "wide consultation" with
its allies.

Mr Straw said he was investigating reports that Israeli soldiers had opened
fire on a group of British demonstrators at the weekend.

Meanwhile, Downing Street has reportedly rejected calls from backbench Labour
MPs for an emergency debate on the situation in the Middle East, ahead of Prime
Minister Tony Blair's meeting with President Bush at the weekend.

Mr Blair is reportedly planning to discuss the possibility of military action
against Iraq.