GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
NJAGA JAGNE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:06:57 EDT
Sigga and Fellow L-ers,
             I haven't had time to read through all my mail and I've just
glanced through most of them. I was going to try and send a detailed
commentary and my views on this reply by the British Foreign Affairs cabinet
concerning your letter but it seems I've already been beaten to the punch.
Someone-else has already sent their views on this that were very close to
what I was gonna say about the British Government's concern for the Gambian
citizinery.
             There is just one thing I would like to add here. If it is that
the British Government is ignoring the plight of Gambians and the atrocities
visited upon them by their government only because the government is
supporting peace-keeping efforts in other nations, let it be known to them
(the British government) that by their own myopia and insensitivity, the
Gambia itself shall soon need a "peace-keeping" force from them and other
nations. It is not enough for them to simply make their views known to the
jammeh regime about the blatant human rights abuses and murder of children.
If they are so concerned about the violence and hardships of civil-strife in
Guinea Bissau, they could start by making efforts into seeking ways to
prevent such situations from arising.
            I had a lot more to say but i have to continue this some other
time.

    Njaga J.