GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
malik kah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:38:49 +0000
Yero, the concluding question you asked summed up your position viz a viz
the NIA. "Why fear the NIA when if you did not break the law?"  By virtue of
asking such a question you are making the inference that the NIA is doing
nothing wrong it is the victims who have something covert and that is the
reason why they are being picked in the firsy place. You see such type of
reasoning is erroneous, because it excuses the culprit and accuses the
victim. This type of logic is very loopsided, hence it  cannot stand the
yardstick of justice and that is precisely what you have become victim of.
You are failing to accept the injustices perpetrated by this institution. By
doing so you are not helping  forge a genuine democracy. You are actually
perpetuating tyranny, because instead of voicing against injustice you are
turning to the other side pretending nothing is happening. More mystifying
is your attempt to justify the actions as being conventional covert actions,
this is classic a classic case of denial. You should acknowledge as did a
judge that the NIA is acting in contempt of everybody, even whereas the
courts instruct them, they do not heed, thus treating with contempt our very
legal instituitions.

I have never purported to defend the acts of the CIA, but I can be honest to
acknowledge that they can never get away with torture or contempt of court
under US JURIDICTION, and you cannot say the same of the NIA. The NIA is
virtually kidnapping people and deying any knowledge of their whereabouts,
are you seriously not concerned abot such tactics? If not then there is no
point furthering this discussion, however, if you recognised that their
methods are not acceptable, then I will accept that you partisan but decent.
I hope you appreciate my contentions it is simply based on the facts of the
NIA'S MODUS OPERANDI, I feel there is need to re-organise the institution
and make it accountable before a parliamentary committee, that way we can
use it for the national good and avoid its excesses and arbritrary tratment
of citizens who pay their wages.