GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:21:03 -0600
Yus and others,
 I just wanted to say you guys have reminded me a lot about the good old
days. Yes, Biri is a soccer genius! Growing up , he was certainly an
inspiration. I must say I was fortunate enough to play some friendlies
with him couple of times at Kundas, but boooy don't you EVER try to 'kata'
(dribble) this man. He knows all the tricks in the book - and more. Didn't
he pioneered the art of dribbling? What a fool did I made out of myself. I
almost headed for the stretcher. Biri is the man hands down. He can easily
dazzle his opponents and turn them into spectators. Biri MUST be inducted
into the The Gambia Soccer Hall of Fame, period!His contribution to gambian
soccer and soccer as a whole is insurmountable, and must NOT go unrewarded.
May Allah continue to bless him and his family. Now guys, I can't wrap this
up without giving props to the  Azziz Corrs, Moses Sarr(Zico),Amadou Adams
(his brother Daddy Adams used to be pretty damned good midfielder), Malleh
Wada, Sheikh Ndour, - can't name them all but you know who they are. O! I
love that game! I thank all of them for the wonderful memories.

Cheers!
Mr Makaveli (-:)

PS: Bro Yus, I'm afraid I would have to consult my ex-Coach Baba Khan
before I take you guys to task on the soccer field some day. This brother
here is OUT OF SHAPE, you what I'm saying! LoL-:). I still have the
'Double Strokes' intact though....hehehehe!

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com