GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:54:17 -0500
Dear brothers:

I am really sick of reading endless tirades
between two promising Gambians.  Your actions
are clear indication that our struggle is
being hijacked by self-inflict wounds.  Please,
I am appealing again for a cease fire.

Please fire your guns on dictator yahya.  We
need to grow in numbers.  We do not need to
engage in personal attacks.

Though I have not met any of you in the States,
I can proudly say that you all are assets to
this struggle.  Mr. Jow, I remember seeing you
with your mother when you were around 6 years of
age.  Please give me that beautiful smile that
your mom used to give us on our way to Saint
Augustine's.  For Saul, I do not need to say
anything.  You are making me about to take a
special trip to Northern Virginia to plead with
you.

I hope we do not have to read any more of your
counter attacks.  I hope one of you can take the               high road.
Please let's remain strong.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh