GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matarr Moses Sajaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:21:16 EST
Yus,
 You made a good point. I felt the same way after reading the Independent
newspaper.
Although the Gambia list is a public domain, the members should not be put in
uncompromising circumstances in the name of press freedom.
 This medium has had the kind of appeal that we have enjoyed due to unanimity
and this must be protected especially if the identity of its members can pose
potential risk.
  I am not condemning the Independent's efforts to bring to light the
concerns of Gambians in Diaspora, but it must employ goodwill by first
requesting permission.
This is just an opinion.

Keep pressing on.
Matarr Sajaw.