GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
yeks drame <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 07:45:24 PST
Mr. Manneh,

Well, I guess we must proceed further to clarify the the characteristics of
reconciliation and its essence. I think you have understood my stand when I
raised this topic up. The thing is, I have never seen Mattar njai in my
life. In essence, I dont know him! I just feel that since the question of
reconciliation has happened to be the order of the day here, it would as
well be material to include those who have been dissasociated in the agenda,
which I guess even the most scruplous critic would justify that it is better
to start within ourselves first.

Certainly, expressions and the usage of certain words are the main problems
of the issue, and I shall asure you that, even if Mattar have to suscribe to
this piece you have sent, he will surely hesitate or even be reluctant to do
it. Therefore, we must make it clear that, the same thing doesn't repeat
itself. Mattar is human, and relialable enough to make mistakes and has even
serve his punishment for that matter enough! that we must also consider
that, in every punishment ruled in a democratic manner, there must be a
prescribed time to serve, otherwise we shall also be abusing power, which
shall further be considered undemocratic, and unfair. We know Mattar have
offended some people, but the fact of the matter is that, he too have been
offended! Ironically, we shall be reconciling! which shall include two
parties. The thing is, there is an unfriendly situation and we are trying to
bring those parties together to be friends again! It would be more
resourceful if we are many than few! and I can asure you that "many hands
make light work" so please, am aplealing to every body on the list to
understand the situation we are in, the Gambia cannot prosper under such
ideas of divisionalism. There shall be no private cyber warfare between
Manneh (Nyancho!!) and Mattar Njai! The reconciliation process shall make
that unrealistic and instead that precious time could be use for more
progressive things.

when we deffer in ideas, this list would be a resourceful pannel
So, lets welcome the brother back and look forward to a precious future! We
can achieve a lot here if we are one!

Peace
Yahya