GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 20:44:16 EDT
Conteh,

I just found this email, and I must say I do agree wit hyour points. I need
to clarify that I am not opposed to an election fund drive, I just want us to
use it as a levarage to tell the opposition parties that in their unity lies
our salvation from the Butcher of Kanilai. I admire your get up and get it
done attitude, and if all of us jumped on things the way you do, we would
definitley get things done. I think the same of Joe Sambou, and my comments
on this fund drive were definitley not an avenue to criticize anyone. Again,
I just want us to think about how the money will be spent, and I think all of
us have touched on that one. There is also a possibility that they opposition
will not unite, and then we have an even bigger task of how to handle the
funds. I will send in my contribution, but i am not going to relent on the
opposition uniting, and this is where I prefer my money to go into.
I know you guys will take care to address this issue and make the politicians
aware of our wishes. We Gambians have to start getting more demanding of
those who step forward and tell us they want to lead us. Afterall, it is we
they are aspiring to represent, and what is best for us is what should be
pursued.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 5/12/2001 9:06:25 PM Central Daylight Time,