GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:47:12 -0500
Good to hear from you , brother. Your response was somewhat expected, don't
ask me why, i just felt it would happen and it did. You physically would not
be able to come all the way to Detroit inorder to seize my liberties. You
could however by your language and expressiveness intimidate others from
participating, especially if such persons disagree with your point of view.
Let's face it, Hamza, in defending your territory you harshly come down on
others. This, by itself, could hamper such persons from participating at
all. Tell me, brother, what would you call that? There has been many times
when contributors are asked to shut up, simply because they cannot, through
no fault of theirs, express themselves in the English language by way of
writing.
From my perspective such contributors are denied their God given right of
being able to write/speak their mind as regards the Gambia, their country.
Through this simple way, their freedom is seized, hence liberties
trampled-upon.

As pertains to GRTS, i'm/was a mere Producer up to the time that i left the
country, as you would imagine, points similar to those expressed by you can
only be formulated by persons in higher positions of authority. This i'm
not/was not. There was and always will be a limited room under which i
operate as far as GRTS is concerned, unless, of course, i become the
Director-General or a head of dept within GRTS. Then, and only then, can i
make the difference you so desperately yearn for. Until such a time, you
have other persons to blame for whatever you perceive to be wrong with that
institution. For a start, why don't you take on Tombong?
I'm sure he will be willing to listen and dialogue with you.

I take liberty in assuming this is just another peaceful good old debate.
We'll hear from you, soon i hope.
Harona.