GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:48:58 EST
Lamin,
I must tell you that I find your suggestion very worthwhile a task to take. I
am also one of the few who never attended the July 4th. celebrations in
Atlanta. I have a lot of reservations of the purpose of such a gathering. My
most wanting and eager to attend is the reunion.
However, I will be more than willing to contribute to such a fund if I could
be guaranteed that it will be used in such a way that the Institution will be
the beneficiary. In a dictatorial state like ours at the moment, one has to
be very careful and make sure that when you contribute for national
development, it is not use to suppress some. Just recently, the Gambians in
Spain or somewhere in Europe made a contribution of a lot of hospital items
only to be used as if it was given to the APRC government. The only speakers
allowed at the handing over of the gifts were the local APRC local leaders.
Anyway, if we could come up with a frame that would make it certain that our
efforts will not be politicized, count a triple contribution from me and my
family. I think the idea is a very noble one and you have my support.

Ousman Bojang.